Reservoir Church is happy to present the Nathaniel’s Hope Buddy Break program!
2019 Dates and Times:
- Saturday, February 9 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- No Buddy Break in June and July
- Saturday, August 10 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 14 from 10:00 a.m.-1:00p.m.
- Saturday, October 12 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14 at 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
What is Buddy Break?
Buddy Break is a free kids/respite program where children with special needs (VIP kids) make new friends, play fun games, enjoy crafts, therapy dogs, stories, music activities, and more! Siblings have fun too! Meanwhile, their caregivers get a break from their ongoing care-giving responsibilities for three hours. Buddy Break is open to church members and non-church members with VIP kids.
Each VIP kid is paired one-on-one with a screened volunteer “Buddy” to participate in that day’s activities.
Who are VIP kids?
VIPs are kids with special needs, which include any physical, cognitive, medical or hidden disability, chronic or life-threatening illness, or those who are medically fragile.
Who are Buddies?
Buddies are friends of VIPs.
How do I sign up as a VIP?
Reservoir Church provides Buddy Break for VIP children birth ages: 2-16 years old, and their siblings: 4 years old to 5th grade.
To sign up for the program as a VIP:
- Go to www.BuddyBreak.org and complete the secure online VIP Family Information Form. If you have any siblings that you’d like to have attend Buddy Break, fill out the Sibling form too.
- Contact us to reserve your space at a required VIP orientation. (Contact information is below.) This allows us to meet you and your children and gives you a chance to see Buddy Break before you begin participating.
- Prior to orientation, print and complete the following forms. We will have a notary at orientation to notarize them for you.
Click on the link to open the PDF of each form:
- Authorization/Release Form (need to complete for each VIP and Sibling attending Buddy Break)
- Declaration of Consent Form (need to complete for each VIP and Sibling attending Buddy Break)
Email BuddyBreak@Reservoirchurchsd.org or call Reservoir Church at (858) 381-0385.
How do I sign up to be a Buddy?
No previous experience with VIP kids is necessary to be a Buddy, just a loving heart, open arms, and a willingness to learn. You must be at least 14 years of age and you will be trained through a two-hour Buddy Training 101 class. You also agree to have a background check run on your information.
To sign up for the program as a Buddy:
- Go to www.BuddyBreak.org and complete the secure online Buddy Form.
- Contact us to schedule a visit or reserve your space at a mandatory Buddy Training 101 class. (Contact information is below.)
Email BuddyBreak@reservoirchurchsd.org or call Reservoir Church at (858) 381-0385.
Reservoir Church Special Needs Ministry Deacon Buddy Break Coordinator
To find other upcoming Buddy Break dates and locations, click here or contact Nathaniel’s Hope at 407-857-8224.